FONODAN® 900 HS is a two-layer product consisting of a high density membrane and a chemically cross-linked polyethylene thermo-welded to it, finished with a thermo-welded geotextile.
- Specially designed for the improvement of impact noise insulation in renovation works with the direct bonding of ceramic floor tiles.
- It allows for the creation of a floating system with ceramic tiles.
Advantages & Benefits
- High resistance to crushing.
- Provides the sensation of buoyancy in ceramic tiles that imitate wood in new construction and renovation, making the imitation more real.
- Vapour and dampness barrier.
- Good insulation against impact noise in low thickness and weight, ΔLn = 23 dB.
- It is inert to attack by micro-organisms, ensuring its durability over time.
- Easy to install.
- High resistance to tearing.
- Due to its low height, it allows for the acoustic renovation of old slabs without the need to remove the floor.
- The support must be clean and free of foreign objects.
- Floor unevenness of more than 3 mm in lengths of 1 m must be levelled out beforehand with levelling paste depending on the required thickness, for thicknesses of less than 10 mm ARGONIV® 020 Elite and for thicknesses of more than 10 mm ARGONIV® 120 Elite.
- CINTA DE SOLAP shall be used at any joints with pillars, walls or installations that protrude above the floor before FONODAN® 900 HS is laid.
Instruction for Use
- Before starting work, it must be checked that:
- The substrate must be clean and free of foreign objects.
- SEALING TAPE must be used at the joints with pillars, walls or installations that emerge from the floor before laying Fonodan HS.
Laying FONODAN 900 HS
- Spread a thin layer of Argocola Elite 500 on the slab.
- Unroll the FONODAN 900 HS with the exposed side of the geotextile and press lightly onto the Argocola.
- The joint between the rolls should be flush, cut to the required size with a cutter.
- It is advisable to seal with rough adhesive tape to give continuity to the insulation and prevent the passage of dampness.
- Apply Argocola Elite 600 type cementitious adhesive (adding % of water so that the material acquires a suitable consistency and workability) directly on the product and place the ceramic pieces with the spacers to square the different pieces.
- Apply Arjunt Universal mixed with latex resin (for each Kg of Arjunt, 140g of resin (latex) must be added and add % of water so that the material acquires a suitable consistency and workability) to cover the joints.
Handling, storage and preservation
- Store in covered and ventilated places that comply with current legislation regarding storage.
- Consult the product safety data sheet.
- According to the EEC directives on labelling hazardous substances (GefStoffV), special labelling is not required.
- The product is considered not hazardous for transport (ADR, RID, UN, IATA/ICAO)
- The product, as such, is not classified as hazardous for transportation.
- Under normal conditions, the product is not hazardous.
- In application, the appropriate measures must be taken when handling tools.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- Stable at room temperature. Avoid being at temperatures above 80ºC as that would alter the material’s properties, accelerating its degradation.
- Waterproofing work should not be carried out when the ambient temperature is lower than +5ºC for hot air welding.
- No personal protection is required during transportation and handling.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10