POLYDAN Plus FM 180-60/GP ELAST is a waterproofing bituminous sheet with self-protected surface of 5.6 kg/m². Composed of a reinforced and stabilized polyester felt reinforcement, covered on both sides with SBS modified bitumen mastic. On the upper side of the sheet, slate in light grey colour is used as protective material. The anti-adhesive material used on the lower side is polyethylene film.
- Self-protected single-layer membrane mechanically fixed on deck roof, both in new construction and renovation.
- Single-layer membrane for waterproofing bonded self-protected roofs.
Advantages & Benefits
- It absorbs structural movements well, to resist the stresses resulting from large spans and the high expansions of deck roofs.
- Helps to increase the durability of the sheet.
- It retains its properties better over time.
- It has a reinforced and stabilised polyester felt reinforcement of high grammage, a higher value than LBM-(SBS)-50/G-FP) sheets.
- It has a nominal mass of 5.6 kg/m2, which is higher than the 5.0 kg/m2 of LBM-(SBS)-50/G-FP. The higher mass of SBS elastomeric bitumen increases the durability of the waterproofing and makes it easier to lay the sheet.
- The higher grammage of the polyester reinforcement gives the sheet higher mechanical performance in tensile, static and dynamic piercing and tearing.
- This sheet is particularly suitable for mechanically fastened systems.
- Great dimensional stability.
- High tensile strength and high elongation at break.
- High resistance to tearing.
- High resistance to static and dynamic piercing.
- The sheet, being made of a bitumen mastic modified with SBS-type elastomeric polymers, substantially improves other bituminous mastics, providing much better performance in terms of reaction at high and low temperatures, elasticity and resistance to ageing, which leads to greater durability of the sheet and greater safety of the waterproofing membrane.
- Limits deformations and stresses in the waterproofing membrane resulting from the high temperatures and thermal jumps to which mechanically fastened self-protected roofs will be subjected.
- Improves the performance of mechanically fastened sheets by providing a high wind suction resistance value and optimising the density of fastenings.
- Very stable in the long term.
- Has good piercing protection from possible mechanical damage, derived from the occasional pedestrian traffic typical of flat roofs.
Instruction for Use
- The substrate surface must be solid, uniform, smooth, cleaned, dry and free from foreign bodies. It is placed on the support by mechanical fasteners spaced approximately 20 cm. maximum. Danopol range is welded to the colaminated profile by hot air, resulting in high reliability welding and finish.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- In case of new construction and renovation, possible chemical incompatibilities with APP plastomer-modified bitumen sheets shall be taken into account.
- In case of renovation, chemical incompatibilities with old waterproofing consisting of flexible PVC sheets, modified tar-based mastics or any other, shall be taken into account, and it may be necessary to remove them completely or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layer, polyethylene film, etc).
- If it is necessary to adhere to metallic or slightly porous elements, a bituminous primer (IMPRIDAN 100) shall be applied to the entire surface to be welded beforehand.
- On exposed self-protected roofs, occasional water retention that could lead to sediment accumulation and damage to the waterproofing membrane shall be avoided.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- Self-protected sheets finished in light colours perform better thermally.
- Self-protected sheets in coloured mineral or ceramic granules may have different colour shades depending on the different production batches.
- Self-protected sheets are exposed sheets, so care must be taken when installing them.
- NOTE: For more information on the Danosa systems in which this product is used, please see the document "Waterproofing Solutions".
- Do not use as a top sheet on green roofs.
- Possible incompatibility between thermal insulation and waterproofing shall be checked.
- Special attention must be paid to the execution of the singular points, such as parapets (meetings with vertical and emergent elements), drains, expansion joints, etc.
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed directly on top of the waterproofing without the use of a suitable separating layer (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene film, etc).
- If expansion that could affect the sheet is expected, a geotextile separating layer (Danofelt PY 200) shall be used between the sheet and the extruded polystyrene insulation panels, so that each product expands independently.
- Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
Handling, storage and preservation
- Before moving the pallet, the condition of the shrink-wrap is checked in order to reinforce it if necessary.
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or it can be requested in writing from our Technical Department.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be stored in an upright position.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- This product should not be installed when the temperature is below -5ºC.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- Waterproofing work must not be carried out when weather conditions may be detrimental, in particular when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the roof, when it is raining or the roof is wet, surface dampness >8% according to NTE QAT, or when a strong wind is blowing.
- Pallets shall not be stacked on top of each other.
- For high storage, the racks must have three cross members, or braces under the wooden pallet skids.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- For handling with a crane, use a protective net as indicated on the pallet label.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10