ARGOTEC OBTURADOR is an ultra-fast one-component mortar for plugging waterways, formulated based on a mixture of hydraulic binders, selected aggregates that provide excellent adherence without bonding bridge and high resistance.
- The sealing of the waterway shall be carried out with ARGOTEC OBTURADOR cosmetic mortar, from the Argos cement derivatives company. The substrate must be sound, clean, free of friable parts, completely hardened and have reached the end of its dimensional variation time.
Advantages & Benefits
- High mechanical performance.
- Excellent bonding.
- Free of chlorides.
- Impervious to water.
- Ultra fast.
- Precast concrete elements.
- Concrete structures.
- In any case, the specific requirements of EN 1504-10 must be taken into account.
- Metal elements, such as reinforcement, must be free of rust, dust, mortar residues or other materials that may impede adhesion or contribute to corrosion.
- Absorbent substrates must be wetted to saturation without puddling.
- The substrates must be clean and sound, free of grease, paint or other substances that would prevent proper adhesion.
- Very smooth substrates shall be mechanically treated to ensure proper adhesion of the repair mortar.
- A suitable adhesion primer shall be used on low-porosity surfaces.
Instruction for Use
- Knead by hand the appropriate amount of material for the job with a little water until a semi-compact dough is formed.
- Immediately apply the dough directly onto the waterway until hydration and hardening of the waterway is complete.
- Repeat the same process until the waterway is completely plugged.
- Do not apply when there is a risk of frost, rain, strong wind or direct sunlight.
- Do not apply below 5°C or above 30°C.
- Do not apply on plaster supports.
- Do not apply to plastic, metal, wood, rubber, etc. surfaces.
- Do not re-mix or add water once it has started to harden.
- Protect the cool surface from direct sun, rain and especially draughts.
Handling, storage and preservation
- It is packaged in 20 kg multi-leaf paper bags with damp-proof sheets and in 5 kg plastic bags that allow it to be properly preserved for 12 months in its original closed container, safe from dampness.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10