External prefabricated PVC-p corner, for exterior roof angles.
- Used as a complement to DANOPOL PVC sheet waterproofing, to guarantee watertight protection in external corners of roofs.
Advantages & Benefits
- Good adaptability to the irregularities of the substrate.
- Facilitates the finishing of the membrane at external corners.
- Provides highly reliable welding and tapping.
Instruction for Use
- The surface of the base substrate shall be strong, even, smooth, clean, dry and free of foreign matter.
- The fastening of the element to the membrane shall be done by hot air welding.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- The fastening element must be suitable for the material of which the support is made. The tensile strength of the fastener to the load-bearing support shall be checked to ensure proper mechanical attachment. The fasteners must withstand a permissible tensile load greater than 600 N per anchorage point. As the membrane is the outermost element of the waterproofing system, its stability against dynamic wind pressure must be calculated according to the shape of the building, its height above ground, its topographical situation, and the specific roof area.
- In renovation projects on old waterproofing, it may be necessary to remove existing materials or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene films, etc).
- A range of ancillary products is available for use with the membrane (Elastydan PU 40 Grey sealant, GLUE-DAN PVC adhesive, laminated profiles, corners, corners, corners, cups, pipe penetrations, etc.).
- The weldability and quality of the weld depend on atmospheric conditions (temperature, dampness), welding conditions (temperature, speed, pressure, pre-cleaning) and on the surface condition of the membrane (cleanliness, dampness). Therefore, the hot air machine must be adjusted to obtain a correct assembly.
- To avoid chemical incompatibilities, a DANOFELT PY 300 or higher geotextile separating layer shall be placed between this sheet and the geotextile: Bituminous products, or synthetic TPO/FPO and EPDM, extruded (XPS) or expanded (EPS) polystyrene-based products, rigid or foamed PU, etc.
- After the surface has cooled down, the welds shall be carefully checked by means of a punch. If any irregularity is detected in a hot air weld, it shall be reworked with the same procedure as described above.
- Appropriate safety measures must be taken as welding work can give off fumes which can be irritating.
Handling, storage and preservation
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or it can be requested in writing from our Technical Department.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- Easy to cut to adapt the dimensions to the work.
- Waterproofing work must not be carried out when weather conditions may be detrimental, in particular when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the roof, when it is raining or the roof is wet, surface dampness >8% according to NTE QAT, or when a strong wind is blowing.
- No welding work should be carried out when the ambient temperature is lower than -5ºC for hot air welding, nor lower than + 5ºC for welding with THF or with Adhesives.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- It shall be kept in its original packaging, in a horizontal position and all rolls parallel (never crossed), on a flat and smooth support.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10