MEMBRANA H 0.8 BLACK is a synthetic PVC plasticized membrane without reinforcement. Non U.V. resistant.
Instruction for Use
Preparation of the substrate:
- The surface of the base substrate shall be resistant, uniform, smooth, clean, dry and free of foreign bodies.
- Polyester geotextiles, type Danofelt PY 300 or higher, shall be used as a separating or protective layer.
Laying of the waterproofing sheet:
- The joint between sheets shall be made by means of thermoplastic welding, with a hot air welder. The overlaps shall be at least 5 cm and the welding of the lower sheet with the upper one shall be at least 4 cm. Immediately after welding, the joint shall be pressed with a roller, thus ensuring a homogeneous joint. To check the joints, a physical check shall be made using a blunt metal needle (with a rounded tip with a radius between 1 mm and 3 mm), passing it along the edge of the joint.
- In the case of chemical welding using a THF-based solvent, a layer of solvent shall be applied simultaneously with a brush and then the joint area shall be pressed with a sandbag for a few seconds.
- If GLUE-DAN PVC adhesive is used, apply an even layer of adhesive to both sides of the overlap and allow it to dry (airing time) until the solvent evaporates. Once this time has elapsed, join the two surfaces together.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- The weldability and quality of the weld depend on atmospheric conditions (temperature, dampness), welding conditions (temperature, speed, pressure, pre-cleaning) and on the surface condition of the membrane (cleanliness, dampness). Therefore, the hot air machine must be adjusted to obtain a correct assembly.
- After the surface has cooled down, the welds shall be carefully checked by means of a punch. If any irregularity is detected in a hot air weld, it shall be reworked with the same procedure as described above.
- Appropriate safety measures must be taken as welding work can give off fumes which can be irritating.
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed directly on top of the waterproofing without the use of a suitable separating layer (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene film, etc).
- If expansion that could affect the sheet is expected, a DANOFELT PY 300 or higher geotextile separating layer should be used.
Handling, storage and preservation
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- Easy to cut to adapt the dimensions to the work.
- No welding work should be carried out when the ambient temperature is lower than -5ºC for hot air welding, nor lower than + 5ºC for welding with THF or with Adhesives.
- It shall be kept in its original packaging, in a horizontal position and all rolls parallel (never crossed), on a flat and smooth support.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10