DANOFELT® PP is a non-woven geotextile formed by polypropylene threads, interwoven by needling, without the need or application of chemical binders. It has excellent mechanical and hydraulic behavior.
Nonwoven polypropylene geotextiles are used primarily for separation, filtration, and drainage applications. They are typically installed between different layers of soil or other materials to prevent them from mixing together and to improve drainage.
- As a separating layer, avoiding contact between layers of different nature, preventing their mixing and guaranteeing the maintenance of their initial performance.
- Protection of the waterproofing, it provides adequate mechanical resistance to prevent perforation and abrasive wear of the waterproofing membranes. Uses: flat roofs, hydrostatic pressure screeds, etc.
Advantages & Benefits
- High resistance to static and dynamic piercing.
- Prevents conflict or bonding between two different materials.
- Long life expectancy.
- High resistance to chemical and biological elements in the soil
- It maintains the mechanical and hydraulic properties of the materials it separates intact.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
- Protects waterproofing sheets from pressure and tensions caused by edges and sharp objects of the support.
Instruction for Use
Preparation of the substrate:
Laying the geotextile:
- The surface of the base substrate must be resistant, uniform, compact and dry.
- The singular points must also be prepared before starting the laying of the geotextile: chamfers or chamfers in meetings with vertical walls, reinforcements, joints and other singular points.
- Once the ground or substrate has been levelled, the roll of DANOFELT PP is laid. The second roll is then laid, leaving a minimum overlap of 20 cm. Depending on the final application, it is recommended to fix the joint by stitching or stapling.
- The materials should be poured without damaging the geotextile. In the same way, the spreading of the different layers should be carried out in such a way that the spreading and compacting equipment does not circulate at any time on the surface of the geotextile, and always in such a way that the direction of advance of the spreading machinery of the upper layer is carried out in such a way that it does not affect the overlapping of the geotextile layers.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- It is UV resistant, so it can be left uncoated for a certain period of time without deterioration of its mechanical-hydraulic properties.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- The circulation of machinery and construction vehicles over the geotextile is strictly forbidden in order to avoid mechanical damage or folds in the geotextile, which would impede the correct functioning for which it has been designed.
- Store in a dry place.
- Can be in contact with fresh concrete.
- It can be used in systems with mechanical fixing, as the fibres do not cause mechanical problems in the process of installing the fixing to the substrate.
- Special attention must be paid to the execution of the singular points, such as parapets (meetings with vertical and emergent elements), drains, expansion joints, etc.
- It is recommended to preserve the material in its packaging and protected from the weather until use.
- According to tests exposed in the achievement of the CE marking of this product, it has a minimum durability of 25 years, covered and installed in soils with a pH between 4 and 9 at a floor temperature <25ºC.
Handling, storage and preservation
- In order to guarantee adequate product quality, it must be stored in level, dry, clean places free of sharp and pointed objects. In any case, special protection from direct sunlight should be ensured by means of a roof or tarpaulin.
- The product must be stored horizontally.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- DANOFELT geotextiles are easy to cut to size to suit the job.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at danosa.com, Knowlegde Portal, or it can be requested from our Technical Department.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10