ARJUNT UNIVERSAL is a coloured modified polymer mortar based on hydraulic binders, resins and additives, as well as incorporating a broad-spectrum biocide agent that gives the product the necessary algaecide and fungicide capacity for use in contact with water and damp areas.
The grouting of the ceramic material, marble or natural stone will be carried out with ARJUNT® UNIVERSAL anti-fungus grout, from the company DANOSA, class CG2 AW according to UNE EN 13888. The substrate must be sound, clean, free of friable parts, completely hardened and have completed its time of dimensional variation.
Advantages & Benefits
- Algaecide and fungicide (antifungal).
- Wide range of colours.
- Pearl effect.
- High mechanical performance.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion.
- Excellent workability.
- Extra fine.
- Easy application.
- Easy cleaning.
- The substrate must be free of damp issues.
- Clean the seal gap (flanks and bottom) from dust and dirt.
- The substrates must be clean and sound, free of grease, paint or other substances that would prevent proper adhesion.
- If the substrate is very porous, it is recommended to apply a protective treatment to the substrate before applying ARJUNT® UNIVERSAL to avoid staining the ceramic tiles.
Instruction for Use
- Mix ARJUNT® UNIVERSAL with 1.5-1.6 L of clean water per 5 kg bag, or 6.0-6.4 L per 20 kg bag, manually or mechanically for 5 minutes until a homogeneous, creamy, lump-free mixture is obtained.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes and stir for a further 5 minutes, reintegrating the material into the container.
- Fill the joints by compressing the mortar with a spatula or rubber trowel in the direction of the ceramic, spreading the product diagonally or with a spray gun.
- Wait until the mortar loses its plasticity (the mortar loses its shine) and proceed to clean with a damp sponge or remove the excess of dry mortar with a spatula.
- Do not carry out this task too early, as it could hollow out the joint or affect the homogeneity of the colour, or too late, as it could damage or modify the surface of the tiles.
- Before filling the joints, it is necessary to allow 24-48 hours after laying the tiles.
- Do not apply when there is a risk of frost, rain, strong wind or direct sunlight.
- Do not apply below 5°C or above 30°C.
- Do not apply on plaster supports.
- Do not apply to plastic, metal, wood, rubber, etc. surfaces.
Handling, storage and preservation
- It is packaged in 20 kg multi-leaf paper bags with damp-proof sheets and in 5 kg plastic bags that allow it to be properly preserved for 12 months in its original closed container, safe from dampness.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10