ESTERDAN 30 P ELAST
Tough SBS elastomeric 3 kg/m² underlay. Torch applied.
- Buried structures.
- Waterproofing sheet on the outside of walls.
- Bottom or top sheet in two-layer systems for waterproofing of roofs with heavy bonded, unbonded or floating protection.
Advantages & Benefits
- High static and dynamic piercing resistance.
- Self-healing and Rot-proof.
- High tensile strength and high elongation at break.
- High resistance to tearing.
- Total impermeability to water and water vapour.
- Very stable in the long term.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
- Roofs with heavy bonded protection.
- Bbonded buried structures.
Instruction for Use
- Deck surfaces must be dry, clean and free from sharp projections such as nail heads and concrete nibs. When bonding the substrate should be prepared using a primer either Impridan 100, CURIDAN, MAXDAN or MAXDAN CAUCHO at the recommended rate prior to installation of the waterproofing system. Where the membranes are adhered to insulation boards, the resistance to wind uplift will be dependent on the cohesive strength of the insulation and the method by which it is secured to the roof deck. This should be taken into account when the insulation material is selected. At falls in excess of 5º (1:11) precautions against slippage, and requirements for mechanical fixing should be observed. The membrane may be laid in conditions normal to roofing work and must not be laid in rain, snow or heavy fog, nor if the temperature falls below 5ºC, unless precautions against condensation have been taken. The roofing layers must always be installed with staggered overlaps and in such a manner that no counter-seams in the direction of the outlets are made. Attachment of reinforced bituminous membrane roofing maybe achieved by full bonding, by partial bonding or loose laid (ballasted); the choice should depend upon the type of substrate and the required resistance to wind uplift pressure. The first layer is installed over the substrate, full bonded, partially bonded, or loose laid (ballasted). Fully bonded torch-applied membranes should only be used with non-combustible substrates and with surfaces designed to enable the torch application of subsequent layers. It is possible to install a torch-receivable first layer in hot bitumen, and then torch apply the second or capping sheet, which should be specifically designed for torching. Bonding is achieved by melting the lower surface by torching and pressing the membrane down. Care must be taken not to overheat the membrane. The first layer is installed with side laps of 60 mm and end laps of 75 mm. The top layer/cap sheet is laid over the first layer in the same direction, and fully bonded. The top layer/cap sheets are installed with side laps for the mineral surfaced membranes determined by the selvedge edge and for sanded or plastified top layers a minimum of 75 mm and end laps 100 mm wide.
- When partially bonded either a layer of GLASDAN 800 P PERFORADO or other suitable venting layer is loose-laid across the substrate edge to edge. The first layer is fully bonded over the venting layer in the direction with side laps of 80 mm and end laps of 75 mm. The top layer/cap sheet is laid over the first layer in the same direction, and fully bonded. The top layer/cap sheets are installed with side laps for the mineral surfaced membranes determined by the selvedge edge and for sanded or plastified top layers a minimum of 75 mm and end laps 100 mm wide. Loose-laid is possible in ballasted systems. A separating layer is loose-laid over the substrate to act with overlaps of 100 mm. The first layer is loose-laid over the separation layer with side laps of 60 mm and end laps of 80 mm wide. The laps are sealed by torch welding. The top layer is laid over the first layer in the same direction, and fully bonded. The top layer/cap sheets are installed with side laps for the mineral surfaced membranes determined by the selvedge edge and for sanded or plastified top layers a minimum of 75 mm and end laps 100 mm wide.The waterproofing system is ballasted with a proper finishes. In all systems, laps between the membrane and any base sheets should be offset by a minimum of 300 mm.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- In case of new construction and renovation, possible chemical incompatibilities with APP plastomer-modified bitumen sheets shall be taken into account.
- In case of renovation, chemical incompatibilities with old waterproofing consisting of flexible PVC sheets, modified tar-based mastics or any other, shall be taken into account, and it may be necessary to remove them completely or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layer, polyethylene film, etc).
- If it is necessary to adhere to metallic or slightly porous elements, a bituminous primer (IMPRIDAN 100) shall be applied to the entire surface to be welded beforehand.
- On roofs, do not use in single coat system.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- NOTE: For more information on the Danosa systems in which this product is used, please see the document "Waterproofing Solutions".
- There is no chemical incompatibility between the Danosa range of oxyasphalt, SBS elastomeric bitumen and plastomeric bitumen sheets.
- Do not use as a top sheet on green roofs.
- Possible incompatibility between thermal insulation and waterproofing shall be checked.
- A separating layer (DANOFELT or DANODREN) shall be laid before laying the heavy protection (paving, gravel, topsoil, etc).
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed directly on top of the waterproofing without the use of a suitable separating layer (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene film, etc).
- If expansion that could affect the sheet is expected, a geotextile separating layer (Danofelt PY 200) shall be used between the sheet and the extruded polystyrene insulation panels, so that each product expands independently.
- The following maintenance checks must be adhered to: - A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components. - An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components. - Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof. - Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing. - Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation. - Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof. - Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork. - Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation. - Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed. These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution. Speak to our Technical Team for further information.
- Do not apply on wet or frozen surfaces.
Handling, storage and preservation
- Before moving the pallet, the condition of the shrink-wrap is checked in order to reinforce it if necessary.
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or it can be requested in writing from our Technical Department.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be stored in an upright position.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- This product should not be installed when the temperature is below -5ºC.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- Handle with a crane with a protective net.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- Waterproofing work must not be carried out when weather conditions may be detrimental, in particular when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the roof, when it is raining or the roof is wet, surface dampness >8% according to NTE QAT, or when a strong wind is blowing.
- Pallets shall not be stacked on top of each other.
- For high storage, the racks must have three cross members, or braces under the wooden pallet skids.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10
- Length (cm): 1200
- Width (cm): 100
- Thickness (mm): 2.5
- Units per pallet: 28
- Surface (m²): 12
- Logistic class: (A) Products in stock, available immediately
- Product code: 141130
|External fire behaviour||Broof(t1)||UNE-EN 1187|
|Durability flexibility||-5 ± 5||-|
|Creep durability (ºC)||100 ±10||UN-EN 1110|
|Longitudinal traction durability (N / 5cm)||700 ± 200||-|
|Transversal tensile durability (N/5cm)||450 ± 150||-|
|Elongation at break longitudinal (%)||45 ±15||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Elongation at transverse break (%)||45 ±15||UNE-EN 12311-1|
|Humidity resistance factor||20.000||UNE-EN 1931|
|Low temperature flexibility (ºC)||<-15||UNE-EN 1109|
|Mass per unit area (nominal) (kg/m²)||3||-|
|Reaction to fire||E||UNE-EN 11925-2; UNE-EN 13501-1|
|Resistance to static loading (kg)||>15||UNE-EN 12730|
|Resistance to root penetration||No pasa||UNE-EN 13948|
|Longitudinal tensile strength (N / 5cm)||700 ± 200||-|
|Transverse tensile strength (N / 5cm)||450 ± 150||-|
|Longitudinal resistance to tearing (nail shank) (N)||220 ±40||-|
|Transversal resistance to tearing (nail shank) (N)||220 ±40||-|
|Resistance to impact, B (mm)||>900||-|
Addtitional Technical Data
|Adhesion of granules (%)||NPD||UNE-EN 12039|
|Dimensional stability at elevated temperatures (longitudinal) (%)||<0.6||UNE-EN 1107-1|
|Dimensional stability at high temperatures (transversal) (%)||<0.6||-|
|Creep resistance at high temperatures (ºC)||>100||UN-EN 1110|
Standards and Certification
- Avis Technique 5/11-2255 “ POLYDAN JARDÍN”.
- BBA 10/4787 Product Sheet 1 "GLASDAN ELAST, ESTERDAN ELAST AND POLYDAN ELAST ROOF WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES".
- In accordance with the UNE-EN 13707 standard for flexible sheets for waterproofing. Reinforced bituminous sheets for roof waterproofing. Definitions and characteristics.
- In accordance with the UNE-EN 13969 standard for flexible sheets for waterproofing. Bituminous anti-capillary sheets including bituminous sheet for sealing buried structures. Definitions and characteristics.
- It complies with the requirements of the Technical Building Code (CTE).
- Complies with CE marking requirements.
- DIT 550R/16 "ESTERDAN PENDIENTE ZERO".
- DIT 567R/16 "ESTERDAN - SELF DAN - POLYDAN UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES".
- DTA 5/09-2088 "Glasdan ELAST-Esterdan ELAST-Polydan ELAST".
- Application Document DA39/2013.
|Volatile organic compounds (COV's) (µg/m³)||50 (A+)||ISO 16000-6:2006|
|Recycled content afterword the consumer (%)||35||-|