FONODAN BJ is a two layer product made of a self-adhesive high density bitumen membrane thermally bonded to a cross-linked polyethylene. FONODAN BJ acoustically works providing the acoustic mass of the tube body and removing resonant frequencies.
- Increases insulation in the noisiest area of the downpipe, such as junctions and elbows.
- Reduces noise from siphon pipes and sagging pipes inside false ceilings.
- Specially designed to minimise noise from drainage pipes in all types of buildings.
Advantages & Benefits
- Double reinforcement at bends and junctions increases acoustic performance.
- Easy and quick to install.
- High resistance to tearing.
- Prevents mould growth in the insulation.
- Insertion loss IL>17 dBA (complete system).
- Low thickness, easily adapts to the downpipe.
Instruction for Use
Laying FONODAN BJ
- For any self-adhesive product to work, the surface must be dry and clean. Therefore, once the downpipe has been installed, a damp cloth should be wiped over the surface and left to dry before applying the product.
- The product should be cut on a clean surface to prevent the polyethylene from dusting.
- The application temperature is more than 10º C, therefore, in winter it must be taken into account that the product has a lot of inertia and it takes time to reach the application temperature.
- Cut the roll of FONODAN BJ to the length of the downpipe or in sections between 80 cm and 1 ml for the convenience of the applicator.
- Separate the release film and present it to the downpipe.
- Press the FONODAN BJ, first in the centre, then on one side until it is perfectly adhered and finally on the other side so that it is at least 3 cm above the glued side.
- When laying the next section, make sure that there is a 3 cm overlap over the already installed section.
- Rework the gluing at the overlap.
- For safety and durability reasons, we recommend placing an electrician’s flange approximately every 50 cm, making it coincide with the overlaps of each section.
- The elbow and the junction will then be reinforced with Fonodan 130 tape, following the same criteria.
- The siphon pipe and the drainage pipes that are hanging down through the false ceiling will be lined with Fonodan 70 strip.
- Finally, the downpipe is fastened to the structure by means of steel flanges with neoprene incorporated.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- Before applying the product it is recommended to see the BAJ1 sheet of the Sound Insulation Solutions Manual.
- The use of flanges ensures the adherence of the product to the downpipe over time.
- To ensure that there are no indirect transmission losses and that the insulation depends exclusively on the material, the bathroom floor must be plastered with plaster projection or protected with a false ceiling with insulation R > 30 dBA.
- It is recommended to apply at a temperature above 10ºC. To allow the material to warm up in winter before being applied on site, it is advisable to expose it to the sun for a while.
- It will be taken into account that this product is part of a Sound Insulation system, so the Danosa Constructive Solutions Catalogue, Sound Insulation Commissioning must be taken into account. "Details of Singular Points" (SPD), as well as the rest of the Danosa documentation.
- Special care will be taken in the slab steps, subsequently sealing the possible gap between it and the material with high-density elastic putties.
Handling, storage and preservation
- Store in covered and ventilated places that comply with current legislation regarding storage.
- Consult the product safety data sheet.
- The product, as such, is not classified as hazardous for transportation.
- Under normal conditions, the product is not hazardous.
- In application, the appropriate measures must be taken when handling tools.
- Stable at room temperature. Avoid being at temperatures above 70ºC as that would alter the material’s properties, accelerating its degradation.
- This product should not be installed when the ambient, product or support temperature is below +10ºC.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- No personal protection is required during transportation and handling.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10