GLASDAN 30 AP ELAST. (7,5 M) is a waterproofing bituminous sheet with non self-protected surface of 3.0 kg/m², LBM-30-FV. Composed of a fibreglass reinforcement of 60 g/m2 and covered on both sides with SBS modified bitumen mastic. Membrane with an upper surface finish of sand and a lower surface finish of polyethylene film.
Advantages & Benefits
- Little thermal variation.
- Great dimensional stability.
- The sheet, being made of a bitumen mastic modified with SBS-type elastomeric polymers, substantially improves other bituminous mastics, providing much better performance in terms of reaction at high and low temperatures, elasticity and resistance to ageing, which leads to greater durability of the sheet and greater safety of the waterproofing membrane.
- Limits deformations.
- Limits stresses in the waterproofing membrane.
- Very good performance in multilayer systems with hot asphalt.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
- Allows for working with molten asphalt.
Instruction for Use
Substrate preparation: The base support surface must be durable, uniform, smooth, be clean, dry and free from foreign bodies. If thermal insulation defines the substrate, insulation boards should be installed fully adhered to the basis with DANOTHERM, without bigger separation than 1mm between insulation boards.r -Before laying the waterproofing membrane, DANOBOND adhesive must be used in the whole susbrate surface or insulation boards. The membrane should climb on the vertical face a minimum of 20 cm above the surface of the pavement. Any joint between metal profiles and the vertical surface, will be always sealed with elastic sealant ELASTYDAN PU 40 gris.
Waterproofing layer placement: The membrane will be placed fully adhered over the support or the insulation board, installed perpendicular to the roof maximum slope line, from the lowest point to the top of the roof. The watertightness between DANOPOL membranes will be achieved through thermoplastic welding with hot air welder, or using chemical agent THF (tetrahydrofuran). The overlaps between membranes must be 5 cm minimum and the welding must be at least 4cm. During the thermoplastic welding, use a silicon pressure roll. After the installation, it is recommendable to use a blunt metal needle (with a 1-3mm head radius), passing it along the union edge, verifying all the connections. There should not be more than 3 membranes coinciding in a single point. Special attention will be paid to T-Joints (three sheets intersecting at the same point). All membrane vertexes will be cut in a curve shape..To perform transversal membrane overlaps, or if any metal profile is intended to be set on the waterproofing membrane, they will be covered by welded 21cm DANOPOL HS 1.5 COVERSTRIP, with the same color.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- In case of new construction and renovation, possible chemical incompatibilities with APP plastomer-modified bitumen sheets shall be taken into account.
- In case of renovation, chemical incompatibilities with old waterproofing consisting of flexible PVC sheets, modified tar-based mastics or any other, shall be taken into account, and it may be necessary to remove them completely or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layer, polyethylene film, etc).
- If it is necessary to adhere to metallic or slightly porous elements, a bituminous primer (IMPRIDAN 100) shall be applied to the entire surface to be welded beforehand.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- NOTE: For more information on the Danosa systems in which this product is used, please see the document "Waterproofing Solutions".
- There is no chemical incompatibility between the Danosa range of oxyasphalt, SBS elastomeric bitumen and plastomeric bitumen sheets.
- Do not use as a top sheet on green roofs.
- Do not use in single-coat system.
- Possible incompatibility between thermal insulation and waterproofing shall be checked.
- A separating layer (DANOFELT or DANODREN) shall be laid before laying the heavy protection (paving, gravel, topsoil, etc).
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed directly on top of the waterproofing without the use of a suitable separating layer (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene film, etc).
- If expansion that could affect the sheet is expected, a geotextile separating layer (Danofelt PY 200) shall be used between the sheet and the extruded polystyrene insulation panels, so that each product expands independently.
- Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
Handling, storage and preservation
- Before moving the pallet, the condition of the shrink-wrap is checked in order to reinforce it if necessary.
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or it can be requested in writing from our Technical Department.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be stored in an upright position.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- This product should not be installed when the temperature is below -5ºC.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- Waterproofing work must not be carried out when weather conditions may be detrimental, in particular when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the roof, when it is raining or the roof is wet, surface dampness >8% according to NTE QAT, or when a strong wind is blowing.
- Pallets shall not be stacked on top of each other.
- For high storage, the racks must have three cross members, or braces under the wooden pallet skids.
- For handling with a crane, use a protective net as indicated on the pallet label.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10