Bituminous waterproofing membrane with metallic self-protection, type LBM-45/M-TV.
Composed of a glass fabric reinforcement with excellent mechanical performance, coated on both sides with a bitumen mastic modified with elastomers (SBS).
A natural-coloured embossed aluminium foil is used as a protective material on the outer side.
It incorporates an 8 to 10 cm wide longitudinal strip stripped of aluminium to facilitate overlapping.
A plastic film is used as a non-stick material on the inner side.
- Auxiliary sheet for joints with parapets and emergent elements, gutters, mangers, finishes, etc.
Advantages & Benefits
- The higher bitumen mass increases the durability of the waterproofing and facilitates the laying of the sheet.
- It has a special embossed aluminium finish with larger dimensions, which improves its installation.
- It has a nominal mass of 4.5 kg/m², which is higher than the 3.0 kg/m² of the LBM-30/M sheets.
- The metallic finish gives the sheets UV resistance, which is necessary for visible waterproofing. Therefore, this sheet can be used as an auxiliary sheet for visible finishes, gutters, parapets, etc.
- Little thermal variation.
- Great dimensional stability.
- The plastic-coated longitudinal overlap strip makes it easy to lay on site.
- The membrane, being made of a bitumen mastic modified with plastomers, provides high performance at high and low temperatures, plasticity and resistance to ageing, which leads to greater durability of the sheet and greater safety of the waterproofing membrane.
- Limits deformations.
- Limits stresses in the waterproofing membrane.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
Instruction for Use
Preparation of the substrate:
- The surface of the base substrate must be resistant, uniform, smooth, clean, dry and free of foreign bodies.
- Auxiliary sheet: Before laying, apply a bituminous primer (Curidán, Impridán 100, Maxdán or Maxdán Caucho). The sheet is fully welded to the substrate or to the substrate underneath with a blowtorch. The overlaps are to be welded, and shall be 8 cm in both longitudinal and transverse directions. To join the transversal overlap at the ends of the rolls, it is necessary to heat the edges of the lower face in a strip of 8-10 cm and then weld on the end of the previous piece.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- In case of new construction and renovation, possible chemical incompatibilities with APP plastomer-modified bitumen sheets shall be taken into account.
- In case of renovation, chemical incompatibilities with old waterproofing consisting of flexible PVC sheets, modified tar-based mastics or any other, shall be taken into account, and it may be necessary to remove them completely or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layer, polyethylene film, etc).
- If it is necessary to adhere to metallic or slightly porous elements, a bituminous primer (IMPRIDAN 100) shall be applied to the entire surface to be welded beforehand.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- Self-protected sheets finished in light colours perform better thermally.
- Self-protected sheets are exposed sheets, so care must be taken when installing them.
- Danosa waterproofing fims should be installed preferably within seven months from the date of manufacture.
- NOTE: For more information on the Danosa systems in which this product is used, please see the document "Waterproofing Solutions".
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed on top of the waterproofing, as it is an outdoor waterproofing.
- Do not use as a top sheet on green roofs.
- Do not use on roofs that are subsequently to be covered with heavy protection, be it paving, gravel or topsoil (in case of green roofs), or any other type of protection.
- Do not use for waterproofing buried walls.
- Do not use on thermal insulation.
- Special attention must be paid to the execution of the singular points, such as parapets (meetings with vertical and emergent elements), drains, expansion joints, etc.
- Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
Handling, storage and preservation
- Before moving the pallet, the condition of the shrink-wrap is checked in order to reinforce it if necessary.
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or it can be requested in writing from our Technical Department.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be stored in an upright position.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- Waterproofing work should not be carried out when the ambient temperature is lower than +5ºC for hot air welding.
- Waterproofing work must not be carried out when weather conditions may be detrimental, in particular when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the roof, when it is raining or the roof is wet, surface dampness >8% according to NTE QAT, or when a strong wind is blowing.
- Pallets shall not be stacked on top of each other.
- For high storage, the racks must have three cross members, or braces under the wooden pallet skids.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- For handling with a crane, use a protective net as indicated on the pallet label.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10