IMPACTODAN 5 is a cross-linked polyethylene foam sheet, 5 mm thick. Its closed cell structure provides exceptional physical and mechanical properties.It is used for acoustic insulation of deck impact noise in buildings. It presents high resistance to fatigue and is easy to install. Its use is guaranteed by the DIT N. 439 from the Spanish building science institute “Eduardo Torroja”.
- Airborne and impact sound insulation in floor slabs between different users in public or private residential buildings.
- Sound insulation in the renovation of floors in dwellings.
- Complements the insulation of floating floors for low, medium and high frequencies in all types of commercial premises in tertiary buildings or in commercial ground floors of commercial buildings.
Advantages & Benefits
- Acoustic insulation to airborne noise, L'nT, w<65 dB
- Impact sound insulation DnTA>50 dBA, for IMPACTODAN® 5 DnTA>55 dBA, for IMPACTODAN® 10
- Vapour and dampness barrier.
- Good thermal conductivity. Thermal comfort
- Easy and quick to install.
- Great durability.
- High flexibility, avoids the use of filling mortars.
- Low thickness with high acoustic performance.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- As the floating floors are made of damp-proof materials, the setting times of the mortars are longer, and it is recommended that the mortar be walked on 15-20 days after it has been poured.
- Before pouring the mortar, check that the material of the most superficial layer is completely continuous over the entire surface, that it overlaps on the vertical walls, and that it completely envelops the pillars and installations that go through or across the floor.
- The floating mortar must be strong enough to prevent cracking. (See SPD No. 1.3).
- In systems where the partition walls are floating on strips, the partition wall must be grouted with the internal floating partition walls, thus giving stability to the system. (See SPD No. 2.1)
- This product is part of a Sound Insulation system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual, Sound Insulation Installation "Singular Point Details" (SPD), D.I.T No. 439, as well as the rest of the Danosa documentation, must be taken into account.
- Door frames must not pierce the floating mortar completely (see D.I.T. 439 figure 13).
- It is recommended to be used if the compression layer of the slab is very uneven.
- If self-levelling mortars are used, the IMPACTODAN sheet must rest completely on the floor, being perfectly extended without forming wrinkles.
Handling, storage and preservation
- Store in covered and ventilated places that comply with current legislation regarding storage.
- Consult the product safety data sheet.
- According to the EEC directives on labelling hazardous substances (GefStoffV), special labelling is not required.
- The product is considered not hazardous for transport (ADR, RID, UN, IATA/ICAO)
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- Keep away from flames and sources of heat.
- No special handling measures are required.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10
- Length (cm): 5000
- Width (cm): 200
- Thickness (mm): 5
- Thickness (mm) ~ Standard: EN 1923
- Surface (m²): 100
- Logistic class: (A) Products in stock, available immediately
- Product code: 620005
|Concept ||Value ||Standard |
|Thermal conductivity declared (W/mK) ||0.037 ||EN 12667 |
|Remainder deformation (24h compressed at 50%, 23ºC) (%) ||< 32 ||EN 1856 |
|Density (kg/m³) ||27 ± 2 ||EN 845 |
|Acoustic test DLw (I) ||21 ||LABEIN B 130 124 V8 |
|Acoustic test DLw (II) ||20 ||LABEIN B 130 104 V5 |
|Insulation thickness to be fixed (mm) ||5 ||- |
|Total thickness (mm) ||5 ||- |
|Water diffusion factor, μ ||> 2000 ||EN 12086 |
|Mass per unit area (nominal) (kg/m²) ||0.125 ||- |
|Impact noise enhancement ΔLn (dB) ||20 ||EN 140-8 EN 717-2 |
|Improvement of the acoustic reduction index (dBA) ||8 ||UNE-EN-ISO 140-16 |
|Improvement of impact noise level at one month with wet slab ||20 ||EN 140-7 EN 717-2 |
|Impact noise level improvement with precast slab ||21 ||EN 140-7 EN 717-2 |
|Improvement of impact noise level under laboratory conditions ||20 ||EN 140-7 EN 717-2 |
|Modulus of elasticity (KPa) ||> 5 ||EN ISO 1798 |
|Impact noise transmission level L´nT, w, in situ (dB) ||< 60 ||EN 140-7 EN 717-2 |
|Reaction to fire ||F ||EN 13501-1 |
|Compressive strength at 25% (kPa) ||> 23 ± 2 ||UNE EN ISO 3386-1 |
|Traction resistance (kPa) ||> 180 ||EN 1798 |
|Dynamic stiffness (MN/m³) ||< 95 ||EN 29052-1 |
|Thickness tolerance (%) ||4 ||EN 823 |
|Tolerance Length and Width (%) ||< 1 ||EN 822 |
|Hysteresis work (Nm) ||> 1.6 ||EN 3386-1 |
|Concept ||Value ||Standard |
|Volatile organic compounds (COV's) (µg/m³) ||30 ||ISO 16000-6:2006 |
|Content of recycled raw material (%) ||5 ||- |
|Recycled content before the consumer (%) ||100 ||- |
|Manufactured in ||Fontanar (Guadalajara) España ||- |
Standards and Certification
- *For any questions about information on the tests, please consult our Technical Department.
|Laboratory||Test (EN 140-3) No||Result ΔLn|
|LABEIN (1)||B 130 124 V8||21 dB|
|LABEIN (2)||B 130 104 V5||20 dB|
- Document of technical Compliance DIT 439 R/22 “System for the Reduction of Impact Noise, IMPACTODAN”