ARGOTEC COSMÉTICO R2 is a thixotropic polymer modified mortar (PCC), single component, high strength and shrinkage compensated for non-structural repair of concrete elements, formulated based on a mixture of hydraulic binders, selected aggregates, polymers and fibres that provide excellent adhesion and an aesthetic finish.
The non-structural repair of concrete elements as well as the superficial regeneration of structural elements will be carried out with ARGOTEC COSMÉTICO R2 cosmetic mortar, from the company Argos derived from cement, class R2 according to the UNE EN 1504-3 standard, in accordance with principle 3 (methods 3.1 and 3.3), principle 4 (method 4.4.) or principle 7 (methods 7.1. and 7.2.). The fixing substrate shall be sound, clean, free of friable parts, fully hardened and have completed its time of dimensional variation. The construction joints shall be respected.
- Conservation and restoration of coats. Principle 7.
- Sealing of small joints without movement.
- Other repairs where structural performance is not required.
- Surface protection of concrete and anti-carbonation "impregnation" system according to UNE EN 1504-2.
- Regeneration of non-structural elements.
- Cosmetic repair of prefabricated elements.
- Aesthetic repair of structural elements.
- Sealing of pores.
- Structural concrete reinforcement works. Principle 4. Method 4.4.
- Concrete repair work. Principle 3. Methods 3.1 and 3.3.
- Repair work on edges, cornices, balcony edges and roofs.
Advantages & Benefits
- Anti-carbonation action.
- High aesthetic finish.
- High mechanical performance.
- Hardening without cracking.
- Excellent bonding.
- Excellent workability.
- Fast drying.
- Gray version made of sulphor-resistant cement.
- Precast concrete elements.
- Concrete structures.
- In any case, the specific requirements of EN 1504-10 must be taken into account.
- Metal elements, such as reinforcement, must be free of rust, dust, mortar residues or other materials that may impede adhesion or contribute to corrosion.
- Absorbent substrates must be wetted to saturation without puddling.
- The substrates must be clean and sound, free of grease, paint or other substances that would prevent proper adhesion.
- Very smooth substrates shall be mechanically treated to ensure proper adhesion of the repair mortar.
- A suitable adhesion primer shall be used on low-porosity surfaces.
Instruction for Use
- Mix ARGOTEC COSMÉTICO R2 with 3.5-3.8 L of clean water per 20 kg bag, preferably by mechanical means, until a homogeneous, creamy, lump-free mixture is obtained.
- Apply the mortar manually with the trowel in thicknesses never less than 2 mm. nor more than 5 mm. pressing the mortar with the trowel on the substrate.
- The application time is 10-20 minutes depending on the environmental conditions.
- Do not apply when there is a risk of frost, rain, strong wind or direct sunlight.
- Do not apply below 5°C or above 30°C.
- Do not apply on plaster supports.
- Do not apply to plastic, wood, rubber, etc. surfaces.
- Protect the cool surface from direct sun, rain and especially draughts.
Handling, storage and preservation
- It is packaged in 25 kg multi-leaf paper bags with damp-proof sheets that allow it to be stored for 12 months in its original sealed packaging, safe from dampness.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10