ARGOTEC® FIXTHERM Élite NetZero is a modified polymer mortar with compensated shrinkage for the adhesion and fixation of insulating plates of expanded polystyrene, extruded polystyrene and mineral wool, for the external thermal insulation system (ETICS). ARGOTEC® FIXTHERM Éite NetZero is formulated with Portland cement, selected aggregates, organic additives, fibers and synthetic resins that provide workability, water retention, open time and mortar adhesion.
- Adhesion and protection of extruded polystyrene (XPS), expanded polystyrene (EPS) and rockwool (MW) boards in external thermal insulation systems.
- Regularisation and protection of insulating materials (XPS, EPS and MW) in the External Thermal Insulation System.
- Renovation of facades.
Advantages & Benefits
- Manual or mechanical application
- Strong adhesion to XPS, EPS, MW and support.
- High water retention capacity.
- Excellent workability.
- Great plasticity.
- High impact resistance.
- Waterproof to rain water.
- Permeable to water vapour.
- Anchoring of insulating plates: XPS, EPS and MW.
- Concrete block.
- Mortar renderings.
- Brick or ceramic block factory.
- Concrete (treated with a bonding bridge).
- The substrate must not have visible damp issues and, where appropriate, must have completed its setting shrinkage, its maturation period having been observed.
- In case of heat, wind or on very absorbent substrates, it is advisable to dampen the substrate and wait for the water film to disappear.
- The substrates must be clean and sound, free of grease, paint or other substances that would prevent proper adhesion.
- Do not apply on plasters or paints.
- All supports must have adequate planimetry.
Instruction for Use
- Mix ARGOTEC® Fixtherm Élite NetZero with 5.75 L of clean water per 25 kg bag by hand or with an electric mixer until a homogeneous, creamy and lump-free mixture is obtained.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before application.
- Adhesion of insulating boards: apply a 4-8 cm wide and 2-4 cm thick perimeter bead on the board and several 8-10 cm diameter pinches in the centre of the board, depending on the size of the board. The coated surface of the board should be at least 60 % for EPS/XPS boards and 80 % for MW. Alternatively, and for substrates with a correct planimetry, the adhesive can be spread and combed over the insulation board using a notched trowel. In this way, a homogeneous distribution of the adhesive over the entire board is obtained.
- Regularisation and protection of insulation boards: At least 24 hours after adhesion of the boards, fix the corner profiles and the reinforcing mesh in the openings and insert the mechanical fasteners and even out the existing unevenness of the fasteners with the same ARGOTEC® Fixtherm Élite NetZero mortar.
- Treat the singular points appropriately.
- Spread a layer of product directly on the insulation board and then level the thickness with a trowel.
- Spread the 160 g/m² reinforcing mesh from top to bottom, overlapping at least 10 cm between the different sections and pressing it until it is embedded in the mortar. This layer should be at least 2 mm thick and the grid of the embedded mesh should be visible on the surface. Once this first layer is dry, apply the second layer of ARGOTEC® Fixtherm Élite NetZero in a thickness of 1-3 mm in a smooth finish.
- The system finish must be applied at least 48 hours after the application of the last layer of adhesive mortar.
- The range of accessory elements must be used: corner profiles, starter profiles, etc.
- The system must never be coated with conventional single-layer or cement mortars.
- It is necessary to fit mechanical fixings in addition to gluing. At least 6 dowels per square metre and 8 fixings at heights over 25 m.
- The finishing areas of the metal profiles shall be sealed with elastic putty.
- Do not apply when there is a risk of frost, rain, strong wind or direct sunlight.
- Do not apply in areas where there is danger of standing water.
- Do not apply below 5°C or above 30°C.
- Do not apply on plastic or metal. For application on wood fibres, ensure adhesion on 100% of the substrate.
- Prior to the stabilising layer, the critical points of the construction site (edges, gaps in doors, windows, etc.) must be reinforced with PX160 reinforcing mesh using ARGOTEC® Fixtherm Élite NetZero.
- Protect from water dampness for the first 24 hours (20°C).
- Expansion joints must be complied with by interrupting the system.
Handling, storage and preservation
- It is packaged in 25 kg multi-leaf paper bags with damp-proof sheets that allow it to be stored for 12 months in its original sealed packaging, safe from dampness.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10