Water-based emulsion for horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Primer and preparation of surfaces where a bituminous sheet is to be welded, on both porous and non-porous surfaces.
- Priming and preparation of porous surfaces that will later be waterproofed or treated with asphalt products.
- Surface protection from damp in buried concrete structures in civil engineering and concrete elements.
Advantages & Benefits
- Aqueous base, solvent-free.
- Good adhesion on wet and dry surfaces.
- Composed of modified bitumen.
- Easy application.
- Great durability.
- It can be applied with a brush, paintbrush, roller or spray.
- It can be applied in closed rooms.
- Concrete supports
- Wooden supports
- Mortar supports
Instruction for Use
Surface condition: It must be clean of dust, grease, paint residues, plaster and foreign bodies.
Substrate preparation: Loose or poorly adhered particles shall be removed, so it is recommended to clean the surface to be primed. If necessary, the surface should be levelled with a mortar which should be properly trowelled.
Type of substrate: CURIDAN should not be applied to polished surfaces as this may lead to adhesion failures.
Substrate moisture: CURIDAN can be applied to dry or damp surfaces, but without water run-off.
Drying time: Depends on ambient temperature, sunshine and relative humidity. Check that the primer is dry to the touch.
Application tools: Can be applied by spray, brush, brush or roller.
Minimum application temperature: CURIDAN must not be installed when the temperature is below +5°C.
- Priming and preparation of porous surfaces where a bituminous film is to be subsequently welded. It can be used undiluted or diluted with water (10-20%), up to the desired concentration. Once the substrate is very dry, apply a coat of CURIDAN, making sure that the pores are well impregnated. The approximate coverage is 0.2-0.5 kg/m². In the case of bridges and parking decks, the coverage should be 0.2 kg/m². In bonded systems, the bituminous sheet is fully welded, so the entire surface must be primed. In non-bonded or floating systems, the bituminous sheet is only welded at singular points (parapets, drains, expansion joints, etc…), and these elements must be primed.
- Priming and preparation of porous surfaces that are subsequently to be waterproofed or treated with asphalt products. It can be used undiluted or diluted with water (10-20%), up to the desired concentration. Once the substrate is very dry, apply a coat of CURIDAN, taking care to impregnate the pores well. It may be necessary to apply a second coat depending on the state and absorbent power of the substrate. The approximate coverage is 0.3-0.5 kg/m².
- Surface protection against humidity of buried concrete structures in civil works without great demands (walls, fins and abutments, foundations, pipelines, etc…). Two coats of CURIDAN should be applied with an approximate total final coverage between the two coats of 0.5-0.75 kg/m² depending on the substrate. Before applying one coat, check that the previous coat is completely dry.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- Before using the product, stir well until it is perfectly equal.
- In case of renovation, chemical incompatibilities with old waterproofing consisting of flexible PVC sheets, modified tar-based mastics or any other, shall be taken into account, and it may be necessary to remove them completely or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layer, polyethylene film, etc).
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- Work must not be carried out when weather conditions may be harmful, in particular when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the roof, when it is raining or the roof is wet, or when there is a strong wind blowing.
- Do not install at temperatures below +5°C.
- Do not apply in rainy weather, as this could cause the emulsion to wash out, resulting in a product with poor internal cohesion.
- Never use as a roof waterproofing system.
- Possible incompatibility between thermal insulation and waterproofing shall be checked.
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed directly on top of the waterproofing without the use of a suitable separating layer (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene film, etc).
- All material used shall be cleaned with water.
- This product expires after six months
Handling, storage and preservation
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or it can be requested in writing from our Technical Department.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In case of silting, the material shall be stirred back to the initial state.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- Temperatures below 0°C may affect the quality of the product. With est.
- Avis Technique 5/03-1698 “Polydan Plus FM”.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10
- Colour: Dark brown
- Yield (kg/m²): 0.3-0.4
- Product code: 311013
|Contained in water (%)||65||-|
|Density at 20 ºC (g / cm³)||0.9-1.1||-|
|Min application temperature (ºC)||+5||-|
|Viscosity at 20 ºC (Brookfield RVT, spindle 1, 20 r.p.m) (poises)||1 - 5||-|
Addtitional Technical Data