DANOPOL FV 1.2 LIGHT GREY is a synthetic PVC plasticized membrane, reinforced with Fibre glass mat. Designed for flat roof waterproofing, U.V. resistant.
- Waterproofing against fluids in the construction of tunnels and buried structures.
- Waterproofing of reservoirs and dams.
- Channel waterproofing (EN 13362).
- Waterproofing sheet on the outside of walls.
- Membrane for waterproofing intensive and extensive, accessible and non-accessible roofs in buildings.
Advantages & Benefits
- Good absorption of structural movements.
- High elongation at break.
- Easy soldering by hot air or THF solvent.
- Great dimensional stability.
- High resistance to root penetration.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
- Product compatible with inverted roof systems.
- ROOFCOLLECT® European Recycling Programme for PVC materials.
- UV resistant.
- System with Environmental Product Declaration (EPD), type 3 ecolabel.
- Existing waterproofing
- Insulation panels
- Wooden supports
Indications and Important Recommendations
- Anchorage where two planes meet: anchorage shall be linear. The attachment line shall be installed as close as possible to the angle and shall never be located closer than 20 cm from the junction or meeting.
- Anchoring to the parapet: in the case of membranes fastened with strips or profiles, these must be installed leaving a gap at the junction points so that the sheet can absorb movements due to thermal effects. These gaps shall be covered by a strip of the waterproofing sheet, which shall be loose over the groove.
- When the filler is made by means of laminated profiles fixed on the upper edge of the strip going up the wall, they must be provided with a flap, at least on their upper part, which serves as a base for an elastic and rot-proof bead or seal with Elastydan PU 40 Grey, which covers the groove between the profile and the wall. If there is no flap on the underside, the edge must be completely rounded to prevent damage to the sheet.
- The anchoring of the plates or profiles to the skirt shall be carried out by lag bolts, when the base support is made of stone materials, or by self-tapping screws, in the case of wooden or sheet metal supports. Rivets can also be used in the latter case. The dowels, screws or rivets fixing these profiles shall never be more than 20 cm apart and shall withstand a permissible shear load of 480 N per anchorage point. Where it is not possible to fix the plates to a soft support (insulating panels, aerated concrete, etc.), the perimeter anchorage may be made by means of angle profiles fixed to the wall. In this case the fixings will have to be spaced less than 10 cm apart to compensate for the stress which becomes tensile rather than sharp.
- In renovation projects on old waterproofing, it may be necessary to remove existing materials or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene films, etc).
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- A range of ancillary products is available for use with the membrane (Elastydan PU 40 Grey sealant, GLUE-DAN PVC adhesive, laminated profiles, corners, corners, corners, cups, pipe penetrations, etc.).
- The weldability and quality of the weld depend on atmospheric conditions (temperature, dampness), welding conditions (temperature, speed, pressure, pre-cleaning) and on the surface condition of the membrane (cleanliness, dampness). Therefore, the hot air machine must be adjusted to obtain a correct assembly.
- Weathering sheets are exposed sheets, so care must be taken when installing them.
- To avoid chemical incompatibilities, a DANOFELT PY 300 or higher geotextile separating layer shall be placed between this sheet and the geotextile: Bituminous products, or synthetic TPO/FPO and EPDM, extruded (XPS) or expanded (EPS) polystyrene-based products, rigid or foamed PU, etc.
- After the surface has cooled down, the welds shall be carefully checked by means of a punch. If any irregularity is detected in a hot air weld, it shall be reworked with the same procedure as described above.
- Special attention must be paid to the execution of the singular points, such as parapets (meetings with vertical and emergent elements), drains, expansion joints, etc.
- Appropriate safety measures must be taken as welding work can give off fumes which can be irritating.
Handling, storage and preservation
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- It shall be kept in its original packaging, in a horizontal position and all rolls parallel (never crossed), on a flat and smooth support.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10