DANOPOL+ HSF 1.8 is a synthetic PVC plasticized membrane, reinforced with polyester net carrier, and a 300gr geotextile fleece backing. It has an overlap without geotextile of 6 cm, on the right longitudinal zone, allowing overlaying and welding to the adjacent sheet. Designed for flat roof waterproofing, U.V. resistant.
Advantages & Benefits
- Good absorption of structural movements.
- High tensile strength.
- High resistance to piercing.
- Easy soldering by hot air or THF solvent.
- Great elasticity.
- High resistance to tearing.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
- UV resistant.
- System bonded to the support by a projected adhesive.
- Insulation panels
- Wooden supports
Instruction for Use
Preparation of the substrate:
- The surface of the base substrate shall be resistant, uniform, smooth, clean, dry and free of foreign bodies. In the case of thermal insulation, the boards must be adhered to the substrate using DANOTHERM with a gap of no more than 1 mm between boards.
- Before spreading the waterproofing membrane, apply DANOBOND adhesive to the entire surface of the horizontal substrate or insulation board, and mount the film on the vertical surface without the need for adhesive.
- The membrane must extend a minimum of 20 cm above the surface of the screed on the vertical surface.
- The joint between the profile fixed to the facing and the masonry facing is always sealed with an elastic, rot-proof mastic.
- Where the roof meets vertical faces and elements that pass through the membrane, the membrane must rise at least 20 cm above the level of the finished roof, or higher, if necessary, so that the upper edge of the membrane is always above the maximum foreseeable water level on the roof.
- When the height of the parapet does not exceed 20 cm, or there is no perimeter parapet, the delivery to these parapets or edges of the slab, can be made by means of a laminated sheet profile in the form of an angle, C-laminated profile (angle with drip cap) that hangs on the outside of the facing in the form of a drip cap. This profile shall be fixed to the facing by its horizontal flange, which shall be wider than 6 cm, by means of anchors located at a distance of less than 20 cm from each other. The membrane shall be welded to the laminated sheet metal profile in such a way that the head of the screws is hidden.
Laying of the waterproofing membrane:
- The membrane shall be laid adhered either on the substrate or on the previously fixed thermal insulation, perpendicular to the line of maximum slope of the roof. The roll of the next row is laid out, welding the overlap. The sheets shall be laid in such a way that no transverse overlap of each row is aligned with any of those of the adjoining rows.
- The joint between sheets shall be made either by thermoplastic welding with a hot-air welder or by using a chemical agent THF (tetrahydrofuran). The overlaps shall be at least 5 cm. and the welding of the lower sheet with the upper one shall be at least 4 cm. In the case of thermoplastic welding, immediately after welding, the joint shall be pressed with a roller, thus ensuring a homogeneous joint. To check the joints, a physical check shall be made using a blunt metal needle (with a rounded tip with a radius between 1mm and 3mm), passing it along the edge of the joint.
- No more than three sheets shall be joined at a single point.
- In T-joints (three sheets intersecting at one point), the bottom sheet shall be chamfered to prevent capillary leakage or be reworked with the hot air welder.
- The apex of the angle formed by the transverse and longitudinal edges of the upper part shall be cut in the form of a curve.
- For the transverse overlapping of sheets and if profiles are to be attached to the sheet, they shall be covered by welding 21cm DANOPOL HS 1.5 COVERSTRIP strips in the same colour.
Handling, storage and preservation
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- It shall be kept in its original packaging, in a horizontal position and all rolls parallel (never crossed), on a flat and smooth support.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10