DANOPUR® LT Grey is a one-component, aliphatic, UV stable, semi-rigid, high abrasion resistant, one-component polyurethane sealer and topcoat, suitable for foot and road traffic, used as a final sealer and topcoat for DANOPUR and DANOCOAT systems.
- Finishing of DANOPUR® PARKING and DANOCOAT® PARKING systems.
- Waterproofing of parking lots, stadium bleachers and areas with heavy traffic of people.
Advantages & Benefits
- Good chemical resistance to oils, salt water, domestic detergents, alkaline and acid solutions (5%).
- Excellent resistance to abrasion.
- Excellent resistance to extreme temperatures -40ºC to + 90ºC.
- Easy cold application.
- Easy cleaning.
- High resistance to weathering.
- Resistant to freeze/thaw cycles.
- UV resistant.
- Resistant to standing water.
- Waterproofing systems with DANOPUR® polyurethane and DANOCOAT® polyurea.
- With a tensile strength greater than 1.5 N/mm² for accessible roofs and greater than 0.8 N/mm² for non-accessible roofs.
- Any previous coating will need to be removed.
- The substrate shall be cohesive, without loose particles, with a regular surface texture.
- In the case of concrete or mortar substrates, if there are cracks or fissures on the surface, these must first be repaired with DANOPRIMER® EP and DANOQUARTZ® SP 49.
- A large part of the success of the system lies in the correct and careful preparation of the surface for optimum finish and durability.
- The substrates must be clean and sound, free of grease, paint or other substances that would prevent proper adhesion.
- Waterproofing membrane
- Do not apply on damp substrates or substrates subject to dampness under coating, dampness due to indirect, negative or hydrostatic pressures.
- For a slipperiness index, use silica aggregate up to saturation in the last layer.
- Always observe the recoating times of the coat on which it is to be applied.
- Dampness control tests should be performed to verify that it is, as a general rule < 4%; mechanical strength tests, compressive strength should be greater than or equal to 25 MPa and tensile adhesion should be verified to be ≥ 1.5 MPa for systems with traffic loads and ≥ 0.8 MPa for systems without traffic loads.
- If these times have been exceeded, the use of a DANOPRIMER® PU bonding bridge is recommended to enhance the adhesion of the product.
- Use as a sealing and UV protection layer for DANOPUR® or DANOCOAT® systems.
Instruction for Use
- Application method: Top-coat with DANOPUR® PARKING or DANOCOAT® PARKING system. Apply two coats uniformly by roller or airless, in case of airless application always go over with a short nap roller. Allow to dry for 4 to 6 hours (never more than 8 hours) between coats. Attention: DANOPUR® LT should only be used as a topcoat for DANOPUR® HT and DANOFLOOR® PU300 that has been dusted with silica (0,3-0,8mm).
- Total consumption: The recommended total consumption is 400 to 600 g/m² applied in thin coats and will depend on the end use of the application. It may also vary according to the porosity or irregularity of the surface, as well as environmental conditions.
- Tools: Roller, brush, or airless spraying equipment.
- Checking environmental conditions: Ambient temperature between 5 to 35ºC. Relative humidity < 80%. The ambient temperature has a direct influence on the curing times. At lower temperatures the curing will take longer and at higher temperatures the product will cure faster. If the humidity is higher than recommended, the final finish may be altered.
- Product preparation and application: With the help of a mechanical stirrer obtain a homogeneous mixture. DANOPUR® LT GREY should be applied over DANOPUR® aromatic waterproofing membranes, cured and saturated with DANOQUARTZ® SP 49 aggregate or similar to promote mechanical anchoring of the membrane. Saturating the last layer of DANOPUR® waterproofing membrane creates a surface that is more resistant to wear and abrasion. The second coat of DANOPUR® LT GREY should be applied 5 to 6 hours after the first coat and never more than 36 hours. A third coat may be applied depending on the end use of the surface. DANOPUR® LT GREY is slippery if wet. To avoid this, it is recommended to sprinkle DANOQUARTZ SP49 silica aggregate in the last coat of the system to achieve a slip resistant surface. DANOPUR® LT GRIS is not recommended for use in direct contact with treated or chlorinated water. If there are areas of water stagnation on the application surface, they should be cleaned regularly to avoid biological and microbial attack.
- Consult the safety data sheet.
- Contains isocyanates.
- It should only be used as a finishing coat for DANOPUR® HT and DANOFLOOR® PU300 that has been dusted with silica (0.3 - 0.8 mm).
- Dispose of contents/container with all possible precautions.
- Read the label before use.
- Clean all tools and spraying equipment with cleaning diluent immediately after use.
Handling, storage and preservation
Safety and hygiene
- Consult the safety data sheet.
- Contains isocyanate.
- Dispose of contents and container with all possible precautions.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Read the label before use.
- Clean all application tools and equipment immediately after use with xylene based solvent.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10