Elastic multi use adhesive filler made of permanently elastic monocomponent polyurethane. Available in gray color.
- It is used as a filling and sealing material for cracks, joints between partition walls, floors, paving, wall penetrations, tiles, etc., in building and civil works.
- Sealing of the waterproofing finishing profile on roofs.
- Elastic and waterproof sealing of expansion and static joints in building and civil engineering.
Advantages & Benefits
- Good weathering and ageing resistance.
- Good adhesion without the need for primer.
- Impervious to water.
- Mouldable to the required joint width.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
- Provides a highly reliable finish.
- Asbestos cement
- Wooden supports
Instruction for Use
- Preparation of the substrate: In all cases the elements to be sealed, the supports or the sides of the joints shall be dry, sound, clean and free of non-adherent particles.
- Sealing of joints:
Minimum depth = 5mm.Maximum width = 35 mm.
- A joint bottom made of a material that does not adhere to the filler, DANOSA JOINT BOTTOM, must be used to limit the depth to be filled and the appropriate dimensions depending on the joint factor. The DANOSA JOINT BOTTOM will also serve as a support for the mastic during laying and backfilling.
- Application: Apply without primer on firm, clean, dust and grease free surfaces.
- ELASTYDAN PU 40 Grey is applied with a manual or pneumatic extrusion gun. Remove the seal at the bottom of the cartridge. Screw on the plastic nozzle, previously cut into a 45° bevel, according to the width to be applied.
- Try to keep the nozzle at the same depth and inclination in order to avoid air occlusion.
- Smooth if necessary with a peeled potato dipped in water or with a spatula dipped in soapy water.
- Painting: ELASTYDAN PU 40 Grey once vulcanised, is compatible with most water-based industrial paints and lacquers, as well as acrylic or polyurethane enamels. (Due to the wide variety of paints on the market, it is advisable to always carry out compatibility tests).
- Tool cleaning: ELASTYDAN PU 40 Grey once hardened, can only be removed by mechanical means.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- The approximate consumption is 6 ml assuming a bead diameter of 8 mm.
- Avoid direct application of this product on bituminous materials and tar-based products.
- Good adhesion without primer on: concrete, natural and artificial stone, fibre cement, wood. For applications on other materials (glass, aluminium, metallic, ferrous or non-ferrous substrates, paints, etc.), it is advisable to carry out preliminary tests. Under no circumstances may it be used in permanent contact with water.
- It is recommended to read and follow "Recommendations for the Handling and Storage of Glues, Adhesives and Sealants". Guide for industrial users published by ASEFCA (Spanish Glue and Adhesive Manufacturers Association) in collaboration with BASA (British Adhesives & Sealants Association).
- Before application, it is advisable to test the product on a small area of the surface where it is to be applied.
- Under no circumstances may it be used in permanent contact with water.
- Once hardened, it can only be removed by mechanical means.
Handling, storage and preservation
- Store the product between 5°C and 30°C for a maximum period of 12 months.
- Keep the containers tightly sealed and protected from extreme temperatures (keep between 5ºC and 30ºC), protected from direct sunlight and heat sources. For a period not exceeding 12 months.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10