GLASDAN 40 P ELAST. is a waterproofing bituminous sheet with non self-protected surface of 4.0 kg/m². Composed of a fibreglass reinforcement and covered on both sides with SBS modified bitumen mastic. A polyethylene film is used as anti-adherent material on both sides. Tested according to standard EN test methods.
- Bottom or top sheet in two-layer membranes for waterproofing of roofs with heavy bonded protection.
- Bottom or top sheet in two-layer membranes for waterproofing of heavy unbonded or floating roofs with heavy protection.
- Single-layer membrane for waterproofing roofs with heavy bonded protection.
- Single-layer membrane for waterproofing of heavy unbonded or floating roofs with heavy protection.
- Bottom reinforcement in improved single-ply waterproofing membranes for roof waterproofing with heavy bonded protection.
- Bottom reinforcement in improved single-ply waterproofing membranes for waterproofing of heavy unbonded or floating roofs with heavy protection).
Advantages & Benefits
- Little thermal variation.
- Great dimensional stability.
- The sheet, being made of a bitumen mastic modified with SBS-type elastomeric polymers, substantially improves other bituminous mastics, providing much better performance in terms of reaction at high and low temperatures, elasticity and resistance to ageing, which leads to greater durability of the sheet and greater safety of the waterproofing membrane.
- Limits deformations.
- Limits stresses in the waterproofing membrane.
- Very good performance in multilayer systems with hot asphalt.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
- Allows for working with molten asphalt.
Instruction for Use
The POLYDAN 50/GP ELAST. GREEN GARDEN (5 m) is laid over the first layer in the same direction, and fully bonded. The top layer is installed with side laps a minimum of 60 mm and end laps 100 mm wide. Laps between the membrane and any base sheets should be offset by a minimum of 300 mm. Bonding is achieved by melting the lower surface by torching and pressing the membrane down. Care must be taken not to overheat the membrane. It is imperative that the drainage system of the green roof or roof garden is designed correctly, and provision is made for access for maintenance purposes. Inspection of the drains should be carried out regularly to avoid waterlogging of the garden and the subsequent increase in dead weight load. Where there is a run-off from a large sill or gully onto the roof surface, the build-up of silt may allow the germination of seeds, therefore this type of detail should be avoided. Any growth occurring will be restricted and will not normally affect the performance of the roof and will be no worse than that occurring on normal flat roofs.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- In case of new construction and renovation, possible chemical incompatibilities with APP plastomer-modified bitumen sheets shall be taken into account.
- In case of renovation, chemical incompatibilities with old waterproofing consisting of flexible PVC sheets, modified tar-based mastics or any other, shall be taken into account, and it may be necessary to remove them completely or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layer, polyethylene film, etc).
- If it is necessary to adhere to metallic or slightly porous elements, a bituminous primer (IMPRIDAN 100) shall be applied to the entire surface to be welded beforehand.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- NOTE: For more information on the Danosa systems in which this product is used, please see the document "Waterproofing Solutions".
- There is no chemical incompatibility between the Danosa range of oxyasphalt, SBS elastomeric bitumen and plastomeric bitumen sheets.
- Do not use as a top sheet on green roofs.
- Possible incompatibility between thermal insulation and waterproofing shall be checked.
- A separating layer (DANOFELT or DANODREN) shall be laid before laying the heavy protection (paving, gravel, topsoil, etc).
- Special attention must be paid to the execution of the singular points, such as parapets (meetings with vertical and emergent elements), drains, expansion joints, etc.
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed directly on top of the waterproofing without the use of a suitable separating layer (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene film, etc).
- If expansion that could affect the sheet is expected, a geotextile separating layer (Danofelt PY 200) shall be used between the sheet and the extruded polystyrene insulation panels, so that each product expands independently.
- Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
Handling, storage and preservation
- Before moving the pallet, the condition of the shrink-wrap is checked in order to reinforce it if necessary.
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or it can be requested in writing from our Technical Department.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be stored in an upright position.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- This product should not be installed when the temperature is below -5ºC.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- Waterproofing work must not be carried out when weather conditions may be detrimental, in particular when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the roof, when it is raining or the roof is wet, surface dampness >8% according to NTE QAT, or when a strong wind is blowing.
- Pallets shall not be stacked on top of each other.
- For high storage, the racks must have three cross members, or braces under the wooden pallet skids.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- For handling with a crane, use a protective net as indicated on the pallet label.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10