Bituminous sheet with a highly durable LBM(SBS)-30-FV type advanced SBS mastic formulation.
It contains a glass fibre felt reinforcement, coated on both sides with a bitumen mastic modified with elastomers (SBS).
As a finishing material, it incorporates a thermofusible plastic finishing film on both sides.
- Anti-capillary barrier in walls.
- Vapour barrier on roofs and in cold stores.
- Bottom or top sheet in two-layer membranes for waterproofing of roofs with heavy bonded and unbonded protection.
- Bottom reinforcement in improved single-ply waterproofing membranes for waterproofing of roofs with heavy bonded, non-bonded or floating protection.
Advantages & Benefits
- Little thermal variation.
- Great dimensional stability.
- Total impermeability to water and water vapour.
- Limits stresses in the waterproofing membrane.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
- Allows for working with molten asphalt.
- Plasticised and self-protected asphalt sheets
- Over compatible thermal insulation.
- Concrete supports
- Mortar supports
- The substrate must be free of damp issues and must have completed its setting process.
- The support must be healthy, clean, flat, free of paint, crumbling or poorly adhered parts, release agents, etc. and in general without any substance or particle that may prevent correct adherence.
Instruction for Use
Preparation of the substrate:
The surface of the base substrate shall be resistant, uniform, smooth, clean, dry and free of foreign bodies. In the case of thermal insulation, the boards shall be laid flush with each other and without gaps of more than 0.5 cm between boards.
- Two-ply membrane underlay heavy-duty bonded system and self-protected two-ply membrane underlay. The adhesion of the membrane to the substrate is carried out with a blowtorch. In the case of mortar or concrete substrates, a bituminous primer (Curidán, Impridán 100, Maxdán or Maxdán Caucho) must be applied beforehand. If the substrate is a weldable thermal insulation board, i.e. finished in asphalt, the primer is not necessary. The overlaps must be welded and shall be 8 cm in both longitudinal and transverse directions.
- Two-ply membrane membrane underlay, adhered system on green roofs. The sheet is adhered to the substrate with a blowtorch. In the case of mortar or concrete substrates, a bituminous primer (Curidán, Impridán 100, Maxdán or Maxdán Caucho) must be applied beforehand. The overlaps must be welded and shall be 8 cm in both longitudinal and transverse directions.
- Two-ply membrane underlay with unbonded or floating system with heavy protection. In this case, the membrane is only welded to the substrate at singular points (parapets, expansion joints, drains, etc.), where a bituminous primer (Curidán, Impridán 100, Maxdán or Maxdán Caucho) has been previously applied. Non-adherence to the substrate must be guaranteed and a separating layer (Danofelt PY 150 or Velo 100) may be necessary between the substrate and the waterproofing membrane. The overlaps shall be welded and shall be 8 cm in both longitudinal and transverse directions.
- Top sheet of two-layer waterproofing membranes with heavy-duty protection. The sheet is laid in the same direction as the bottom sheet, shifting the overlap line by approximately half of the roll. The sheet is fully welded to the bottom sheet with a blowtorch. The overlaps are to be welded, and will be 8 cm in both longitudinal and transverse directions.
- Anti-capillary barrier on walls. A bituminous primer (Curidán, Impridán 100, Maxdán or Maxdán Caucho) must be applied beforehand. For ease of installation, it is recommended to cut the rolls into smaller, more manageable dimensions, adjusting to the width of the wall.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- In case of new construction and renovation, possible chemical incompatibilities with APP plastomer-modified bitumen sheets shall be taken into account.
- In case of renovation, chemical incompatibilities with old waterproofing consisting of flexible PVC sheets, modified tar-based mastics or any other, shall be taken into account, and it may be necessary to remove them completely or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layer, polyethylene film, etc).
- If it is necessary to adhere to metallic or slightly porous elements, a bituminous primer (IMPRIDAN 100) shall be applied to the entire surface to be welded beforehand.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- NOTE: For more information on the Danosa systems in which this product is used, please see the document "Waterproofing Solutions".
- There is no chemical incompatibility between the Danosa range of oxyasphalt, SBS elastomeric bitumen and plastomeric bitumen sheets.
- Do not use as a top sheet on green roofs.
- Do not use in single-coat system.
- Possible incompatibility between thermal insulation and waterproofing shall be checked.
- A separating layer (DANOFELT or DANODREN) shall be laid before laying the heavy protection (paving, gravel, topsoil, etc).
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed directly on top of the waterproofing without the use of a suitable separating layer (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene film, etc).
- If expansion that could affect the sheet is expected, a geotextile separating layer (Danofelt PY 200) shall be used between the sheet and the extruded polystyrene insulation panels, so that each product expands independently.
- Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
- Do not apply on icy or wet surfaces.
Handling, storage and preservation
- Before moving the pallet, the condition of the shrink-wrap is checked in order to reinforce it if necessary.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be stored in an upright position.
- Handle with a crane with a protective net.
- Pallets shall not be stacked on top of each other.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10