Colaminated PVC-p metal sheet, used as waterproofing finishing in horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Used to finish the waterproofing both horizontally and vertically. The fixing of the laminated profile to the wall may vary depending on the characteristics of the substrate.
Advantages & Benefits
- Compatible with all synthetic sheets in the DANOPOL® range.
- Facilitates the finishing of the membrane both in the fixation to the horizontal plane and to the vertical wall.
- Provides highly reliable welding and tapping.
- Solves the connection both in perimeter anchors and in vertical walls safely.
Instruction for Use
- The surface of the base substrate must be resistant, uniform, smooth, clean, dry and free of foreign bodies.
- It is fixed to the substrate by means of mechanical fasteners spaced approximately 20 cm apart at the most.
- The sheets of the DANOPOL range are welded to the colaminated metal sheet by means of hot air, resulting in a highly reliable weld and finish.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- Anchorage where two planes meet: anchorage shall be linear. The attachment line shall be installed as close as possible to the angle and shall never be located closer than 20 cm from the junction or meeting.
- Anchoring to the parapet: in the case of membranes fastened with strips or profiles, these must be installed leaving a gap at the junction points so that the sheet can absorb movements due to thermal effects. These gaps shall be covered by a strip of the waterproofing sheet, which shall be loose over the groove.
- The anchoring of the profiles to the skirt shall be carried out by lag bolts, when the base support is made of stone materials, or by self-tapping screws, in the case of wooden or sheet metal supports. Rivets can also be used in the latter case. The dowels, screws or rivets fixing these profiles shall never be more than 20 cm apart and shall withstand a permissible shear load of 480 N per anchorage point.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- The joint between the element fixed to the wall and the brickwork wall is always sealed with an elastic and rot-proof putty: Elastydan PU 40 Grey.
- The weldability and quality of the weld depend on atmospheric conditions (temperature, dampness), welding conditions (temperature, speed, pressure, pre-cleaning) and on the surface condition of the membrane (cleanliness, dampness). Therefore, the hot air machine must be adjusted to obtain a correct assembly.
- After the surface has cooled down, the welds shall be carefully checked by means of a punch. If any irregularity is detected in a hot air weld, it shall be reworked with the same procedure as described above.
- Special attention must be paid to the execution of the singular points, such as parapets (meetings with vertical and emergent elements), drains, expansion joints, etc.
- Appropriate safety measures must be taken as welding work can give off fumes which can be irritating.
Handling, storage and preservation
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or it can be requested in writing from our Technical Department.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- Easy to cut to adapt the dimensions to the work.
- Waterproofing work must not be carried out when weather conditions may be detrimental, in particular when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the roof, when it is raining or the roof is wet, surface dampness >8% according to NTE QAT, or when a strong wind is blowing.
- No welding work should be carried out when the ambient temperature is lower than -5ºC for hot air welding, nor lower than + 5ºC for welding with THF or with Adhesives.
- For further information, please contact our Technical Department.
- It shall be kept in its original packaging, in a horizontal position and all rolls parallel (never crossed), on a flat and smooth support.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10