Polydan 60 TF Elast is a waterproofing bituminous sheet with self-protected surface of 6 kg/m², LBM(SBS)-60/G-FP. Composed of a non-woven polyester felt reinforcement, covered on both sides with SBS modified bitumen mastic. On the upper side of the sheet, mineral protection in grey (black) colour is used as protective material. The anti-adhesive material used on the lower side is polyethylene film. Tested according to standard EN test methods.
- Top sheet of two-layer membranes with mineral self-protection for waterproofing boards.
- Top sheet in two-ply membranes with heavy bonded protection.
- Top sheet in multi-layer membranes with mineral self-protection or bonded self-protected single-ply membrane for waterproofing of railway decks.
- Multilayer membrane top sheet with mineral self-protection for waterproofing carpark roofs where the agglomerate is poured directly into the waterproofing.
- Bonded self-protected single-layer membrane for waterproofing boards.
Advantages & Benefits
- High static and dynamic piercing resistance.
- Self-healing and Rot-proof.
- Good absorption of structural movements.
- The mineral finish gives the sheet UV resistance.
- Great dimensional stability.
- High tensile strength and high elongation at break.
- High resistance to tearing.
- Total impermeability to water and water vapour.
- Allows for adaptation to any type of geometry.
- Allows for the asphalt agglomerate to be poured directly on the waterproofing.
- Roofs with heavy bonded protection.
- Concrete supports
- Mortar supports
Instruction for Use
Preparation of the substrate:
-The surface of the base substrate shall be resistant, uniform, smooth, clean, dry and free of foreign bodies. In the case of thermal insulation, the boards shall be laid in a grid and with no gaps between boards greater than 0.5 cm.
- Top layer of multi-layer membranes with mineral self-protection. The sheet is laid in the same direction as the bottom sheet, with the overlap line offset by approximately half of the roll. The sheet is fully welded to the bottom sheet with a blowtorch. The overlaps are to be welded and are 8±1 cm in the longitudinal direction and 10±1 cm in the transverse direction. To join the transverse overlap at the ends of the rolls, it is necessary to heat the transverse edge of the lower sheet in a 10 cm strip, eliminating or embedding the protection aggregate in the bituminous mass and then weld the end of the following piece.
- Self-protected single-layer membrane, adhered system. The adhesion of the membrane to the substrate is done with a blowtorch. In the case of mortar or concrete substrates, a bituminous primer (Curidán, Impridán 100, Maxdán or Maxdán Caucho) must be applied beforehand. If the substrate is a weldable thermal insulation board, i.e. asphalt-finished (Rocdán A or Rocdán PIR VA), no primer is required. The overlaps must be welded, and shall be 8±1 cm in the longitudinal direction and 10±1 cm in the transverse direction. To join the transversal overlap at the ends of the rolls, it is necessary to previously heat the transversal edge of the lower sheet in a strip of 10 cm, eliminating or embedding the protection aggregate in the bituminous mass and then weld the end of the following piece.
- Waterproofing of walls. First apply a bituminous primer (Curidán, Impridán 100, Maxdán or Maxdán Caucho). For ease of installation, it is recommended to cut the rolls into smaller, more manageable dimensions, adjusting them to the width of the wall.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- During paving, sharp turns and sudden braking of the paver should be avoided and paver speed should be limited.
- In case of new construction and renovation, possible chemical incompatibilities with APP plastomer-modified bitumen sheets shall be taken into account.
- In case of renovation, chemical incompatibilities with old waterproofing consisting of flexible PVC sheets, modified tar-based mastics or any other, shall be taken into account, and it may be necessary to remove them completely or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layer, polyethylene film, etc).
- If it is necessary to adhere to metallic or slightly porous elements, a bituminous primer (IMPRIDAN 100) shall be applied to the entire surface to be welded beforehand.
- On exposed self-protected roofs, occasional water retention that could lead to sediment accumulation and damage to the waterproofing membrane shall be avoided.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- Certain precautions must be taken when pouring the asphalt agglomerate if it is poured directly on top of the waterproofing.
- The asphalt paver shall be wheeled and, if tracked, shall be fitted with rubber pads.
- The asphalt agglomerate shall be laid at temperatures between 130ºC and 180ºC.
- Self-protected sheets in coloured mineral or ceramic granules may have different colour shades depending on the different production batches.
- NOTE: For more information on the Danosa systems in which this product is used, please see the document "Waterproofing Solutions".
- There is no chemical incompatibility between the Danosa range of oxyasphalt, SBS elastomeric bitumen and plastomeric bitumen sheets.
- The waterproofing must not be walked on.
- Do not use as a top sheet on green roofs.
- Possible incompatibility between thermal insulation and waterproofing shall be checked.
- A separating layer (DANOFELT or DANODREN) shall be laid before laying the heavy protection (paving, gravel, topsoil, etc.), except in the case of asphalt paving which is poured directly on the waterproofing.
- Special attention must be paid to the execution of the singular points, such as parapets (meetings with vertical and emergent elements), drains, expansion joints, etc.
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed directly on top of the waterproofing without the use of a suitable separating layer (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene film, etc).
- If expansion that could affect the sheet is expected, a geotextile separating layer (Danofelt PY 200) shall be used between the sheet and the extruded polystyrene insulation panels, so that each product expands independently.
- Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
- Do not apply on icy or wet surfaces.
Handling, storage and preservation
- Before moving the pallet, the condition of the shrink-wrap is checked in order to reinforce it if necessary.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be stored in an upright position.
- Handle with a crane with a protective net.
- Pallets shall not be stacked on top of each other.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10