GLASDAN 40/GP ERF ELAST. is a waterproofing bituminous sheet with self-protected surface of 4.0 kg/m². Composed of a fibreglass reinforcement, covered on both sides with SBS modified bitumen mastic. On the upper side of the sheet, mineral protection in grey (black) colour is used as protective material. The anti-adhesive material used on the lower side is polyethylene film.
- Self-protected non-accessible roofs: Multilayer waterproofing membrane top sheet with mineral self-protection.
- Top sheet in two-layer membranes with mineral self-protection.
Advantages & Benefits
- The mineral finish gives the sheet UV resistance.
- The SBS type elastomeric polymer modified bitumen mastic provides, compared to oxyasphalt sheets, much better performance in terms of high and low temperature behaviour, elasticity and resistance to ageing, which leads to a longer durability of the sheet and a higher safety of the waterproofing membrane.
- Fibreglass felt reinforcement has the following advantages: High dimensional stability, low thermal variation and easy adaptability.
- Allows for working with molten asphalt.
Instruction for Use
Top sheet of multi-layer waterproofing membranes with mineral self-protection.
The sheet is laid in the same direction as the bottom sheet, shifting the overlap line by approximately half of the roll. The sheet is fully welded to the bottom sheet with a blowtorch. The overlaps are to be welded, and will be 8 cm in both the longitudinal and transverse directions. To join the transverse overlap at the ends of the rolls, it is necessary to heat the transverse edge of the lower sheet in a strip of 8-10 cm beforehand, removing or embedding the protective aggregate in the bituminous mass and then welding the end of the next piece.
Indications and Important Recommendations
- In case of new construction and renovation, possible chemical incompatibilities with APP plastomer-modified bitumen sheets shall be taken into account.
- In case of renovation, chemical incompatibilities with old waterproofing consisting of flexible PVC sheets, modified tar-based mastics or any other, shall be taken into account, and it may be necessary to remove them completely or to use suitable separating layers (geotextiles, mortar layer, polyethylene film, etc).
- On exposed self-protected roofs, occasional water retention that could lead to sediment accumulation and damage to the waterproofing membrane shall be avoided.
- This product may form part of a waterproofing system, so all the documents referred to in the Danosa Solutions Manual must be taken into account, as well as all the regulations and legislation that must be complied with in this respect.
- Self-protected sheets finished in light colours perform better thermally.
- Self-protected sheets in coloured mineral or ceramic granules may have different colour shades depending on the different production batches.
- Self-protected sheets are exposed sheets, so care must be taken when installing them.
- Not to be used in a single-layer waterproofing system.
- Do not use as a top sheet on green roofs.
- Possible incompatibility between thermal insulation and waterproofing shall be checked.
- Polyurethane foam shall not be sprayed directly on top of the waterproofing without the use of a suitable separating layer (geotextiles, mortar layers, polyethylene film, etc).
- Maintenance requirements for Danosa Roofing Products
The following maintenance checks must be adhered to:
- A general examination on the condition of the waterproofing and surrounding roof components.
- An inspection of all functional roofing elements including skylights, outlets, upstands, penetrations and any other visible roofing components.
- Clean outlets, drains, gutters and remove any debris from the roof.
- Periodic removal of mildew, moss, herbs or any other kind of vegetation that has been accumulation on the waterproofing.
- Periodic removal of possible sediments accumulated on the deck (silt, sledges, slate granules, etc) by occasional water accumulation.
- Periodic removal of debris and small objects that may have accumulated on the roof.
- Ensure surrounding structural elements are sound such as eaves, flashings, slate tiles and brickwork.
- Ensure that the waterproofing is in good condition and there are no blisters, damage or separation.
- Review the condition of the waterproofing (adherence to upstands, condition of overlaps, visual appearance, etc) and repair the defects observed.
These operations must be carried out twice a year, preferably at the beginning of spring or autumn and must be increased in case of decks or valleys with zero falls. It is also necessary to perform additional maintenance depending on the type of roof, location and proximity of roofs to areas with trees or in areas with high levels of pollution.
More details on the document Maintenance and repair recommendations for flat roofs waterproofed with modified bitumen sheets
Handling, storage and preservation
- Before moving the pallet, the condition of the shrink-wrap is checked in order to reinforce it if necessary.
- Danosa recommends consulting the safety data sheet for this product, which is permanently available at www.danosa.com, or it can be requested in writing from our Technical Department.
- The product must be stored in a dry place protected from rain, sun, heat and low temperatures.
- The product will be stored in an upright position.
- The product will be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In all cases, the Occupational Safety and Hygiene standards, as well as the standards of good construction practice, must be taken into account.
- This product is not toxic or flammable.
- NOTE: For more information on the Danosa systems in which this product is used, please see the document "Waterproofing Solutions".
- Waterproofing work should not be carried out when the ambient temperature is lower than +5ºC for hot air welding.
- Waterproofing work must not be carried out when weather conditions may be detrimental, in particular when it is snowing or there is snow or ice on the roof, when it is raining or the roof is wet, surface dampness >8% according to NTE QAT, or when a strong wind is blowing.
- For high storage, the racks must have three cross members, or braces under the wooden pallet skids.
- For handling with a crane, use a protective net as indicated on the pallet label.
- The information contained in this document and any other advice provided, are given in good faith, based on DANOSA's current knowledge and experience when products are properly stored, handled and applied, in normal situations and in accordance with the recommendations of DANOSA. The information applies only to the application (s) and the product (s) to which reference is expressly made. In case of changes in the parameters of the application, or in case of a different application, consult the DANOSA Technical Service before using the DANOSA products. The information contained herein does not exonerate the responsibility of the building agents to test the products for the application and intended use, as well as their correct application in accordance with current legal regulations. The product images used in our communications are indicative and may differ slightly in color and aesthetic appearance in relation to the final product.Orders are accepted in accordance with the terms of our current General Sales Conditions.DANOSA reserves the right to modify, without prior notice, the data reflected in this documentation.Website: www.danosa.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +34 949 88 82 10